Loading speed is a very important factor to keep visitors on your blog as long as possible. On the other hand, fast loading speed may give you some points to get a higher page rank. As long as it is a ranking factor I am going to tell you how to increase blog’s loading speed in a few simple steps. I want to notice that there are lots of articles on tips to boost website’s loading speed but only a couple of them are useful.
In the past, I had a lot of problems with my blog’s slow loading speed. Basically, the problem occurred when I started getting lots of visitors to my blog and after changing some server/host options. Changes have been done by host provider, so I couldn’t do anything but explorer and find other ways to boost slow speed of my blog. There is a post on plugins which can help you increase blog’s speed. However, I am going to concentrate on one and probably the best WordPress plugin so far which will definitely increase loading speed of your blog in seconds.
W3 Total Cash WordPress plugin has become the most popular plugin among the bloggers. It is recommended by known web hosts and trusted by countless sites like mattcutts.com. There is a lot of information on this plugin on its website, but I’d like to tell you what you are capable of doing with this tool.
Plugin will help you to:
- Enable page caching to decrease the response time of your site.
- Reduce load time by decreasing the size and number of CSS and JS files. It is called Minify.
- Enable database caching to reduce post, page and feed creation time.
- Enable object caching to further reduce execution time for common operations.
- Reduce server load and decrease response time by using the cache available in a site visitor’s web browser.
- Host static files with your content delivery network provider to reduce page load time.
- Protect and accelerate blog.
And there are many more options that can be changed to boost the loading speed of your blog. After giving it a try, I have noticed a huge increase in my blog’s loading speed. It is very easy to configure this plugin. However, if you want to get maximum speed, you will have to spend more time on it.